Saturday, April 24, 2010

Moses and Psalms 23 - Written in March and finally posted

Things have been good.  Really good.  Really, really good.  Have I convinced you yet?  And as I am writing this, the commercial for the Star Wars Symphony is on….coincidence?  Definitely.  But it still makes me happy. 

And the reason for my recent happiness, you ask?  Well, I will be getting out of Eldora at least for the summer.  I will be working in the kitchen at Village Creek Bible Camp.  www.villagecreek.net For those of you who don’t know me well, I spent most of my growing up summers here as well as every summer in High School.  It saved me from the boredom and debauchery that is Eldora in the summer.  I met some of my best, lifelong friends here and made amazing, totally inexplicable memories here.  So needless to say, I am excited to return to VCBC.  I realize that being 5-10 years older than the last time I worked on staff at camp puts me in a different space and gives me a different perspective.  I was discussing this job with a friend and I said I was excited about the spiritual concentration I usually have at camp.  And she made the comment that camp always feels like Moses being called into the wilderness to tend is father in laws sheep before he was given the directive to go to back to Egypt.  This comment excited me for two reasons. 1) I am excited about the prospect of God calling me to camp to reveal something to me.  2) When I was at the Quaker church a few weeks ago, the sermon was on Moses and the burning bush – what is God telling you?  I am excited to hear what God has to tell me. Ok, so maybe that is basically the same thing but it was two different experiences.

 And yesterday I just bought my plane ticket to go out to Colorado to see friends.  Things are good!!

 And Psalms 23.  The camp theme this summer is my favorite Christian book of all time.  Traveling Light by Max Lucado.  When I read that book when I was 16, it totally changed my relationship with God.  I am excited by the ‘coincidence’ of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment